This property that is now titled, Spring Mount Farm was first deeded in 1760 to Ephraim Jackson. This fact is documented in the original deed that hangs on a wall in the home. Another document shows that in 1801, Mr. JacksonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s heir established the property as Ã¢â‚¬Å“Spring MountÃ¢â‚¬Â. In 1842, the original part of the present home was bult with 20Ã¢â‚¬Â sandstone walls, following a fire that destroyed the original home built by Ephraim Jackson. Throughout the original home are windows with hand blown glass with all of the unique imperfections associated with the process. There have been several additions and modifications to the home, with a major renovation occurring in 2-15 which has provided all of the modern conveniences to the home while still preserving the charm and beauty of the 1842 home. The home now consists of 3385 sq. ft. of living area, plus the original basement of 580 sq. ft. The large fireplace in the great room was originally used to cook food, is in excellent condition and easily warms the home on cold days. At the same time as the home was being built, a 285 sq. ft. summer kitchen was built just outside the main home. Right next to the summer kitchen is a 15Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ x 25Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ patio area. A 96 sq. ft. spring house is located a short distance away, is in good condition and was used to keep fresh produce cool, by means of the cool spring water that flows thru the spring house. There is an eight-stall horse barn on the lower level of a 3128 sq. ft. bank barn. A 400 sq. ft. carriage shed is attached to the barn. The original beams and flooring are still part of the barn, which is in good condition, as is the summer kitchen and spring house. A 500 sq. ft. two vehicle with automatic barn door opening capability, plus an attached 912 sq. ft. storage are located close to the home. The building is pegged wood construction.All of these structures which are in good condition, adding 5371 sq. ft. of to Spring Mount Farm. Water from the springs on the farm supply a one-acre pond with continuous water. The overflow from the pond feeds into Hay Creek, which runs through the farm near its northern board, which is Furnace Road. There are fish and turtles in both the pond and Hay Creek.There is a 25KV electric generator located next week to the storage area, which supplies electricity to the entire home when there are power outages. A 500Ã¢â‚¬gallon propane tank, which holds the fuel to power the generator is buried in the ground near the storage building.In the pasture land surrounding the home you will see abundant wild life, including an American Eagle.With the renovations completed in 2015, custom high-quality cabinetry of the same style is found throughout the house, as well as a high velocity AC system is throughout the home, which cools the house without the need of space consuming ducting. When the temperatures drop, the cast iron radiators comfortably warm the home, especially where radiant heated flooring is not present. A hide-away central vacuum system is installed on each floor of the home. All of the appliances are top of the line units, including the refrigerator, freezer, induction stove top, two dishwashers, two built-in coffee makers in the kitchen and mud room with marble and granite countertops throughout the home. In the mud room is a farm house style, soap sink used in the home hen first constructed in 1842. On the second floor of the home is the laundry room with top rated washer and dryer. A convenient fold-out ironing board is located in a separate cabinet on the second-floor laundry room . In the basement are located a top of the line front loading washer and dryer, which are used as backup units and for heavy duty loads. The second and third floors are the original hardwood floors.The beauty and charm of the home is enhanced with unique aspects of each of the four seasons of the year!